The Gemini Boat Race Bursary FundThis is a grant awarding programme providing financial support to rowing clubs, school and youth club programmes. It is open to applications from organisations around the UK. These projects may be looking for support to re-engage with young people after the lockdown or enable existing services to expand.
Who can apply to The Gemini Boat Race Bursary Fund?
The fund is open to applications from clubs, schools and grassroots organisations around the UK. These organisations may have projects requiring financial support as they look to re-engage with young people after the lockdown or enable existing services to expand. Partner organisations will need to show the following:
- Either a track record of long-term rowing engagement projects to many young people
- Or a robust plan to deliver a long-term project to many young people
- How they will work with underrepresented groups within rowing
- Clarity on how the bursary will be targeted to support 11-18 year olds
- Demonstrate how life skills are going to be taught as part of the project
- Clear reporting structure to show the impact of the bursary support after 6 months and 12 months
When do applications open? When do they close?
Applications are CLOSED for 2021
Who is reviewing the applications?
Gemini representatives, Directors of The Boat Race Company and Trustees of the Oxford and Cambridge Rowing Foundation review applications and select bursary partners.
Awardees were announced in summer 2021
Are there additional benefits to receiving a Gemini Boat Race Bursary Fund grant?
As a Gemini Boat Race Bursary Fund recipient you will become part of The Boat Race family. We will actively engage with partners throughout the duration of the grant, to get to know you, your programme and to shine a spotlight on what you are doing. Our student athletes will engage with your programme and we will provide links to relevant alumni and members of the rowing community to provide advice and support to you and the young people you are working with.